Wednesday 22 July 2009

Sleeeeeep

Little man didn't want to go to bed last night. Or rather, he didn't want to go to sleep alone in his cot. So we lay down on mummy's big bed together. He seemed to be lying there very quietly and still but with his eyes open for ages but eventually dropped off. As did I. I woke up with cramp in one arm and feeling very cold about half an hour later. So I decided to grab a cup of herbal tea, get into my pyjamas and go back to bed, this time under the duvet. It was 9.30. Glad to say I slept through til 7. Which means little man did too.

I've been finding it hard to go to bed early enough. I think it's because looking after little man is so intense and he is pretty demanding when it's just me and him. So after I've put him to bed I want to have time to relax, to think, to sit quietly, to watch a DVD, to read a book. But I do feel better for just one good night's sleep. It's now nearly 9.30 again and I think I'll be off to bed when I'm finished up here.

I took little man up Rivington Pike this morning, before I went to work. We managed to not get rained on. Which means I won the bet I had with him. When I asked him if he thought it would rain he grunted in a positive kind of way. So I bet him a tummy tickle it wouldn't.

I found going uphill with him in the Yamo not as bad as expected. Once I got into a steady trudge it was fine. It helped that it wasn't too hot. Little man was very excited once we started to get an extensive view and kept saying his favourite line, which sounds like 'what is it?' Yes, my boy hardly has any words at all but he can string a sentence together that is guaranteed to drive mummy mad after the fiftieth repetition in one day. He was even more excited when we got to the top and I took him down to stretch his legs. He was scampering around like crazy and squealing. And falling over. He's not used to uneven, rocky ground.

My latest plan of action is to get out walking with him more, regardless of the weather. He's always happy to be in the sling while I'm on the move and I need the exercise because I've decided I need to get fit enough to go and climb a proper mountain again soon.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. Fresh air and plenty of sleep should help you both. Whenever I complain about the weather my husband reminds me that I won't rust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way my knees feel these days, I think they might rust!

    ReplyDelete