Monday 27 July 2009

Join my commune

What we need is a bit of land somewhere nice. Hmm. Then we're all going to live in yurts. I was going to say tipis, but a virtual friend tells me yurts are more luxurious. It's going to be a family commune with lots of babywearing, attachment parenting, baby-led weaning and unschooling going on. And so much fresh air all the children sleep soundly every night.

I think going by the BLW forum and my virtual friends' facebook profiles we can cover quite a lot of the essential skills for a self sufficient-ish life: growing food, cooking, hen keeping, winemaking, brewing, sewing, knitting... there's probably even someone who could spin and dye their own wool if we keep a few sheep. Then we'll need some musicians, artists, poets, campfire storytellers, treehouse builders, renewable energy technicians... Who wants to be our pagan priestess?

Apply within, but please don't mention any of the dull so-called realities of life that might make it perhaps just a little teensy bit unfeasible.

3 comments:

  1. I want the same but live east of the Pennines !. Ive been told tho' that Im a very good cook and currently grow my own veg ( mostly edible), am also a a healer ( reiki Master plus I do lots of lovely other healing type stuff.....could be an asset? But totally empathise with the ' bugger it lets live in a commune' idea

    ReplyDelete