Tuesday 14 July 2009

Chickens and fox

No takers for a knitted fish?

1. Tolkien, The Return of the King

2. JK Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

3. Jean Liedloff, The Continuum Concept

4. Shakespeare, Merry Wives of Windsor, from the Complete Works

5. Pub Walks in Cheshire

Does anyone remember those riddles where you have to get so many chickens across a river in a small boat that can't carry all the chickens at once, but there's a fox on one bank waiting to eat them?

No? Oh well, I'll carry on anyway. Yesterday morning I took my car in for a service before daddy returned little man. I took out the car seat so we could go out with a friend later that day.

This morning I had to pick my car up. I could walk to the garage easily, half a mile. I could carry Ben to the garage easily. But I couldn't bring him and the car back without the car seat and I couldn't carry that to the garage. Oops. The solution? A phone call to my dad. Thanks.

As a result of this I didn't have to take little man to my parents to look after while I went to work, my dad took him down there instead. So I had an hour or so to do some sorting out. I found two necklaces I hadn't seen for ages!

1 comment:

  1. I guessed lord of the rings and harry potter but couldn't of told you which excat book they were from! I'm also pleased a fox hasn't got to gertie, flossie or Matilda as I first feared from your title.

    ReplyDelete