Monday 13 July 2009

Page 56, fifth sentence...

Seems to be the latest daft thing going round facebook: You grab the nearest book to you, whatever it is, turn to page 56 and make the fifth sentence your status. So I thought I'd give you five different ones from the bookshelf conveniently located to the left of my settee. I will knit a fish for anyone who can correctly name all five books ;-) I have just checked google and it can only help you with three of them.

1. 'That road I will take, nonetheless,' said Aragorn.

2. 'I'll just go and - er - finish off,' said Harry hastily, hurrying to pick up his fallen telescope and trainers.

3. The conscious mind is not what it seems to itself to be, nor does it have access to the programming secrets of the continuum it is evolved to serve.

4. Quick: This is my doing, now: Nay, said I, will you cast away your child on a fool, and a physician?

5. You are not going to trespass but, from this vantage point, the hidden pathway which cuts over stiles and fields down to the road can clearly be seen.

Answers tomorrow evening, if I remember by the time I've got to my mum and dad's after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment