Monday 13 July 2009

Ask and ye shall receive...

...a bottle opener to get into the cider, two teabags and a can opener to get into the beans.

It wasn't the most organised camping trip ever, but as it was just me and a friend it didn't matter too much. Little man was with daddy for the weekend, so I headed to Kettlewell in the Dales. And yes, I really did forget to take teabags. Doh. But hey, I remembered the tent.

Slightly peeved that new tent, used for three nights now, has a bent pole. It is also proving quite a faff to put up and take down and very cumbersome to spread out to dry in the back garden. Hmm. But it is a good size and layout when it's up.

Great walk, great pub grub, great wine, great weather until we were tucked up in bed when it didn't matter, great views, great bacon butty, great big blisters. Think I need some new walking boots. Not so great loo facilities on the campsite but at least it put off the noisy hordes.

1 comment: