Thursday 30 July 2009

Pancakes

Got home from Wigan to find a for-sale sign outside my house, even though the HIP isn't done yet and I haven't okayed any sale blurb yet. About an hour later estate agent is on phone saying there's a woman from Newton-le-Willows sitting outside and could she have a look round. Er... I would have liked time to tidy up!? And she made it sound like Newton-le-Willows is a very long way away. Anyway, I guess it's good to clock up the first viewing even if I did have to hastily remove my Mooncup from the bathroom windowledge. The chickens are proving to be a talking point.

I made pancakes for tea with a choice of two savoury fillings: spinach in a cheese sauce, or bacon, mushroom and tomato. It wasn't difficult but involved a lot of utensils and pans and juggling a lot of ingredients and timings. But I thought it would be fun. I thought little man would like to watch. No, he liked to grab any utensil within reach - bearing in mind that he's standing between my main work surface and the sink where all the dirty things are being chucked - then drop them out of the open window. No amount of asking him to stop made any difference. So i had to decide whether to a) move all my stuff to another, more cluttered work surface or b) shut the window despite it suddenly being warm and sunny. a) was no good because the boy was only stood there to keep him amused and if I moved elsewhere he would just start getting up to more mischief elsewhere. So I shut the window. Then I got him to come outside with me while I picked up all the stuff he had dropped and I made out that he was helping to bring it all back in. Like, who am I kidding?

Oh, and he didn't eat any of the pancakes. Not one tiny mouthful.

That was just one episode in a continuous cycle of toddler mischief today. I seem to end most days feeling completely frazzled at the moment. And then I feel guilty that we haven't had some kind of fairytale wonderful day in which I haven't occasionally snapped at him. To top it off he seems to be teething again and is waking up at random times of the night.

2 comments:

  1. Some days are just days to get through ready to start a new day with a fresh slate. I'm assuming you needed the utensils so had to go get them? Still, he "helped" ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately every day feels like that at the moment.

    ReplyDelete