Friday 24 July 2009

It had to happen sometime

Little man jigged his way right off the edge of the dining table. Bang.

I'm preparing tea at the cooker, I turn round to see he has climbed up on to the table again. He is looking mighty pleased with himself. He does a little stamp, stamp jig. He inches towards the edge of the table and, as I dash over knowing what is about to happen, one foot goes off the edge. He goes crash, bang whallop onto the laminate floor. He howls. We have big cuddles.

Ten minutes later he is tucking in heartily to a large portion of spaghetti bolognese.

He has a few red dotty bits on the side of his forehead and no other visible marks. I assume his appetite means nothing is damaged.

In other news, he has also eaten a big handful of sand at the playground, stuffed as many stones into his mouth as he could fit in the back garden and also eaten half a stick of green chalk.

Yesterday when he started with the stones in his mouth thing, I said 'if you keep on doing that we will have to go inside'. He did. So we did. Today he did the same thing and I decided he could just get on with it. I kept an eye out for signs of choking. But in true BLW fashion he managed not to choke, just spat them all out again eventually. For the BLW record, he has never come anywhere close to choking on anything. And yes, I did find one of yesterday's stones in his nappy this evening.

I'm thinking of re-reading the Continuum Concept to remind myself about how these babies in the jungle who play with sharp knives, roll around on the edge of deep pits and go paddling in the rapids somehow make it to adulthood.

Meanwhile, I now know my period will be arriving soon. As I still have no pin number for my new card, and hence no cash to buy chocolate or obscene amounts of tiramisu, I opted for the only thing I could find in the cupboard. A big spoonful of golden syrup.

1 comment:

  1. I worry about falls from the table, glad he's OK.
    I bought some golden syrup for baking. We haven't baked with it yet, but I had a lovely sticky sandwich yesterday!

    ReplyDelete