Sunday 9 August 2009

Today's discoveries














  • that the path past the dilapidated cottage and smashed-up car at the edge of Yarrow Valley Country Park actually follows the river for another couple of miles and is lovely.

  • that my new walking shoes are very comfy.

  • that I am still not built for running however exuberant I feel about skipping along a riverbank without a twenty-something pound toddler on my back.

  • that Cono Sur Pinot Noir is currently half-price in Somerfield.

  • that it is impossible to drive slowly whilst listening to Hungarian Gypsy music.

  • that knitted mushroom stems look quite rude.

  • that someone has made a sculpture of Angelina Jolie breastfeeding her twins. No idea if she actually does.

  • that sometimes I am quite lucky, like when I leave my camera on the garden bench all afternoon while I am in work and the weather stays dry, which also means that my sheets on the line are nice and dry.

  • that Sunday night can be pasta night as well as pizza night.

  • that scruffy-looking nerf herder is probably the best insult ever invented.
  • that although I am perfectly capable of changing a lightbulb it is very tiresome having to do everything myself.
  • that the layout of these blog thingies can be very frustrating at times. Give me Quark XPress any time.

3 comments:

  1. ooh new walking boots... nice! We are in that middle stage of can't carry far can't walk far so no walking this year for us but we are discovering cycling instead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my discovery of the day: http://damncoolpics.blogspot.com/2009/08/rare-star-wars-photos.html
    I thought you would like it, we were falling about laughing, esp at the Chewey/Princess boob shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it allgrownup!

    ReplyDelete