Monday 10 August 2009

Monday homecoming

Let me explain: At the moment I tend to work Sundays and Mondays. I'm a casual worker so it could generally be any day. I work for a newspaper so I work a funny shift that ends at 8pm. My STBE husband has gone back to work after long-term sickness but has kept his Mondays off so far so he can look after little man. This weekend, it was his turn to spend longer with little man so he had him from Saturday morning until now, Monday evening. As it happens I also worked Saturday afternoon, which is highly unusual but means I haven't really had much me-time this time round.

Anyway, I get home on Monday evenings to find my dinner cooked (fish pie today) and little fella fast asleep in his cot. It's odd but it works for us all at the moment. Sorry the pic is blurry but I wasn't hanging round to get a better one, particularly as I needed to use the flash. That's why it looks so bright when it's actually dusk. Little man is exhibiting classic bum-in-the-air pose. He had a little fidget when I went in and actually turned his face towards me, but his eyes remained closed, thank goodness. As I tried to hold the door open with one foot I vowed to stick something on those damn hinges to stop them creaking.

Another viewing of the house today, but they were in and out inside of five minutes. I tried to talk to my current lender about mortgages but they failed to phone me back. So now it'll probably be next Monday morning before I get chance to call them again. I still haven't felted the mushrooms and I think the camping trip will have to be postponed as I'm now working more days than I originally thought.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable photo. I've been trying to teach the monster to pretend to sleep & pose for the camera!!

    ReplyDelete