Sunday 16 August 2009

Nightfall: Part II

I had to put my lights on driving home from work! At 8.30ish! It seems to have crept up from nowhere and now, wham, the evening light is disappearing. I guess it happens like this every year, and yet every year it takes me by surprise. It's like the way that every summer I cannot imagine it ever being cold enough for hats and boots and jumpers. And every winter I cannot imagine it ever being warm enough for a t-shirt, linen trousers and sandals.

I'm so glad I live in temperate climes where there is a real difference between the seasons. And please don't anyone moan that we haven't had a summer; we've had loads of warm, sunny weather as well as lots of rain showers. Well we have here in Lancashire. A typical British summer in other words. (I'm not trying to deny climate change is happening, by the way. It is. And that's not my opinion, it's the conclusion of the vast majority of scientists.)

*************************

Little man once again woke up happy this morning. As in he played with his cuddly toys and babbled instead of immediately crying. I think it happens when he wakes up refreshed from a decent night's sleep instead of waking up a bit too early but not being able to get back to sleep. He was crying a bit at 3am but a tummy rub did the job then!

Daddy picked him up this morning and little man gave us both a succession of sloppy kisses before giving me his very cute wave goodbye. I told him to have fun and that I had to go to work. Who knows how much of this he understands?

No comments:

Post a Comment