Friday 1 May 2009

New leaves

Yes, there are lots of them about on the trees now that it is May. And how fresh and green they look too. Even my little bit of beech hedge is finally shrugging off last year's coppery, papery foliage and bursting forth. (Someone slap me before I get any more poetic.)

Little man has gone with daddy for the weekend and I am going to meet a friend for a 'proper' walk tomorrow. So after they left this afternoon I promptly climbed into bed and dozed off for two hours. And now that I have had a rest and am no longer on lone 24-hour duty I am thinking about turning over a new leaf. I need to lose a bit of weight, tiresome though the whole concept of dieting is. It's mostly because I saw the flabby bits behind me in the mirrors at M&S when stocking up on some much-needed new t-shirts. And I am going to go to bed early. Every night. Why is it so hard to do?

And on that note, I am off out for a yummy dinner with friends at a really nice pub. Table booked for 8pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment