Friday 15 May 2009

To-do list

Right little man, it's morning. I should have written a post last night but I was toooo tired. Pity about the arsehole with the over-sized exhaust leaving his engine running outside at 11pm then.

We've already lost an hour this morning. I'm sure it was twenty past six when you first woke up. Then twenty minutes later, while we're playing let's stand on mummy's head while she pretends to be asleep, you wriggled off the bed and headed for the stairs and mummy realised it was twenty to eight and probably time for breakfast.

Today we need to get some food. There's a lot of leftover roast chicken in the fridge that I got daddy to cook yesterday while he was here looking after you and I was in work. So I think I'll make risotto but that means I need to get my butt in gear to make some stock too. We need to take some library books back, we're on a last warning, so maybe we'll go to Tesco in Wigan and we can do that too. Pity they've moved the children's library to the opposite side of town to the adult library. And it's raining. And my new slings haven't arrived yet.

While we're at it I need to work out what I'm eating on Sunday and Monday when I'm working and you're with daddy again.

What else? I'd like to finish making a top I started for you out of my old t-shirt (it'll be very cool, it's a 'life is good' t-shirt with a little guitar on it) but daddy has the sweatshirt I wanted to use to check the sizing.

I'd like to go through the boxes of sheets and work out what I've got before S and P come tomorrow so I can put a cover on the duvet in the back bedroom.

There'll be washing to do. And cleaning up after you.

Ooh, there's a Boris spider. That's odd. Boris spiders aren't usually seen much til autumn. Maybe it thinks it is autumn because it's cold and wet and windy. All big house spiders are called Boris by the way. And you're not allowed to stamp on them.

Oh sorry, yes I'll get you a drink of milk now. Do you want any more of your nut-buttery toast? I've run out of nice fruit but there's an apple that's been in the bowl for a while...

The chicken feed needs topping up and the water changing. Would you like to live in the chicken run little man? You do seem rather fascinated by it.

Hmm, thought I had more to do than that. Not sure when I'm going to find all the bits of paper I need to do my tax return, tax credits form and holiday pay claims.

Oh, have you finished your breakfast? I'll get a cloth and wipe those mucky hands. Here's the apple you dropped. And there are a few bits of cereal on the floor if you'd like them.

Yes, that's the milk bottle lid mummy just dropped. It doesn't mean you have to go in the fridge and take all the milk bottles out. And the jars. And the cherry tomatoes.

I guess it's time to get going then.

Addendum (Five minutes later): Little man has just discovered what happens when you pull the egg box out of the fridge by the lid so that it opens and the six eggs in it hit the slate floor.

2 comments:

  1. toothfairy15/5/09 22:50

    Ooooh, bad luck about the eggs!! My little mand tried to help unpack the shopping with similar results (maybe slightly better, we have floorboards)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our small 'pet' house spider is called Bob!

    ReplyDelete