Sunday 31 May 2009

Dappled shade: Part II

This time it was Yarrow Valley Country Park. Strolling along the river - which is where I saw my one and only kingfisher a couple of years ago - then up the rough tracks through fields and woods. It was early enough to still be quite cool. At first it was peaceful, just the babbling water, birds singing, the odd sheep baaing, leaves fluttering. Little man sang his sleepy song, which is a sort of hum in time with mummy's footsteps, then dozed off.

I followed a new path for a while but eventually turned back because I don't think I could do a circuit back into the park. I am that sort of person who always wants to know where a new footpath goes. It bothers me that I haven't actually explored around home that much despite living here for more than six years. I think the trouble is you never know when you're going to meet a vicious dog.

It was a dog barking that woke little man up after only ten minutes snoozing. My biggest dog gripe, though, is the amount of crap on the paths. I really don't understand how someone could let their dog do this in a place where lots of children come to play.

Little man has now gone with daddy and I have to go to work. Which is a bit of a bummer on such a lovely sunny day. But I suppose it has to be done occasionally. I have a sudden need for salad so am taking a stilton and toasted walnut concoction with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment