Tuesday 12 May 2009

Baby-led hunting


Little man has helped himself to the following today: Mini Babybels, cherry tomatoes, a slice of melon, grapes, breadsticks, Boursin cheese, a slice of courgette.

It's a lesson in child psychology. I thought he didn't like the Babybels, but after trying to break into one himself then handing it to me to watch how it was done he wolfed it down. He had also gone off tomatoes, or so I thought, until he could help himself. The slice of melon dripped everywhere and the Boursin was not a hit after he had stuck his finger in it a couple of times.
But apparently everything tastes better if you've hunted it down yourself.

I did have a lock on the fridge after I got fed up of him finding all the semi-open containers and spilling them everywhere. He got very annoyed at first before giving up. Then the lock snapped. For a few weeks he didn't realise but he is now back in there at every available opportunity, throwing jars of mustard and mayo on to the kitchen floor. I think I will just leave him to it and hope he doesn't repeat the time when he smashed a large jar of sun-dried tomatoes in oil.

1 comment:

  1. My little man goes routing in the cupboards when he is hungry - luckily for me has hasn't figured out how to open tins yet!

    ReplyDelete