Friday 15 May 2009

Downsizing

I knew there was something else on my to-do list: get new tyres, new headlamp bulb and brakes checked. But they only had ridiculously expensive tyres in stock so it will have to wait til Tuesday. I do so hate everything to do with car maintenance. But the car was free when STBE-husband's brother and family moved overseas so I guess I can't complain. Even though the petrol gauge doesn't work, the tyres have a fault that means they gradually go flat, there's something clunking in the suspension that I'm told could be the ball joints, it's a great big beast when it comes to manoeuvring and it's probably not very economical on fuel. And in winter the back windscreen ices up - on the inside.

One day I will downsize. Perhaps when I also downsize my living accommodation. Anyone who knows my house may wonder how you could get any smaller, but I'm sure the two of us don't need two and a half bedrooms. The phrase downsizing does amuse me somewhat as it assumes you have something to downsize from. I could downsize to a camper van, or a teepee. Which sounds quite nice actually. Probably not in winter though.

I may downsize my body at some point (I actually asked the doc recently about getting a boob reduction but I'm talking here about general flab) but it's probably not worth putting myself under that pressure this side of getting divorced. Gu cheeky chocolate pud anyone? No? Oh dear, I'll have to have them all myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment