Monday 25 May 2009

Me time

It's a sunny bank holiday Monday and most of the country is organising pleasant family get-togethers over the barbecue and a few beers. I am alone because I was working yesterday and again this afternoon so little man is with daddy for two nights. I have had a whole morning to myself.

So what have I done? My tax credits renewal and tax return. Not exactly fun or relaxing. But quite satisfying to have done. Especially as I am owed tax because I haven't actually done any freelance work in over a year. And I think my tax credits will go up because most of last year I was on maternity leave. Hooray for a low income.

I have also written a difficult letter to my STBE husband putting forward my perspective on things and outlining my plans because I couldn't pin him down to a date for us to sit down and have a talk. I now feel a certain amount of trepidation at what his reaction will be but I haven't said anything unreasonable. The problem is he's not always reasonable.

Now I need to go and do something nice for half an hour before I have to think about going to work. But I'm not sure what. I will probably waste the half an hour trying to decide and thinking actually I should have been tidying up.

No comments:

Post a Comment