Sunday 7 June 2009

Work is a four-letter word

I think that work is highly over-rated; careers even more so. Generally it means working your arse off for an employer that couldn't give a shit about you in return for a two per cent pay rise every year and an ever-increasing workload.

But right now, my work isn't really that bad:
1. I wear whatever I want, usually jeans.
2. It's a six-hour ish day.
3. I get to spend the morning with my little man first.
4. I knit in between stories.
5. I could call the boss a cunt and no-one would bat an eyelid.
6. I never have to bring work home.
7. Because I'm casual I have no responsibility and no stress.
8. The big bosses are very far away.
9. We have quite a giggle at times.
10. We watch telly, although it's usually sport. Very dull.

1 comment:

  1. sounds better than no pay, no holidays, no breaks, no benefits, and a uniform of greasy hair and food-handprinted clothes....

    ReplyDelete