Tuesday 9 June 2009

A Cunning Plan

A strange day. Out for a pleasant pub lunch with STBE husband while STBE ILs looked after little man. We had The Talk. The one about what the hell we're going to do.

We have agreed to spruce up the house with a view to putting it on the market so I can move back to be nearer my parents, as well as the STBE ILs where STBE husband is currently living.

That means there's a lot of work to be done to tidy up the decor, declutter, put stuff in boxes and find somewhere to store them, make the garden look like it's actually low maintenance, check out estate agents' fees and write my own sale blurb to avoid the hideous jargon of well-appointed homes, deceptive spaciousness (yeah right) and mahogany effect spindles (this is a good point??!!). STBE ILs are happy to help but are heading to Canada for six weeks in three weeks' time.

I am checking out the bargain-basement, open-straight-onto-the-pavement, bathroom-downstairs, tiny-concrete-backyard type of terraces that I might actually be able to afford.

Little man and I then stayed at ILs' for a barbecue which STBE husband and I shopped for. It's all quite surreal. It's a good job I think hatred and anger are a waste of energy.

1 comment:

  1. You are a very good person. You walk in a bubble of calm! Couldn't do it like you do, well done.

    ReplyDelete