Sunday 24 January 2010

Failing to plan

Since I decided to start watching what I eat, I would say my diet has actually gone downhill. It's difficult to plan when three days a week I work late, two or three days a week little man is with daddy, which overlap with me working to varying degrees and when I do plan to go food shopping something happens like the garage keeps hold of my car for two days instead of one. Oh, and little man is waking up maybe every third or fourth night for a cuddle so I'm tired and craving simple carbohydrates, like the tub of glace cherries I bought for baking.

So I've decided what I need is a big blackboard/whiteboard so I can get my head round what the hell I'm doing each week and therefore facilitate meal planning. This would also help me to avoid doing daft things like agreeing to meet a friend to go swimming with our little ones on a day when my little one isn't even going to be with me. It might also help the general fug in my head and my inability to remember what I did yesterday or am meant to be doing tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Whiteboard sounds like a fantastic idea - should work a treat! I'd be lost without my diary and my weightwatchers online tracker! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the board - good idea. We have a blackboard and a list of meals; means I can go through the list and pick out seven, which in turn means easier supermarket nastiness, and (hopefully, though not always) less 'oh god, what to eat, what to eat?' in the evenings.

    I am as one with you on the simple carbs, that said - just yesterday I was eyeing up the hot chocolate, with a spoon rather than a cup in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent idea. A piece of paper magneted to the fridge does for us although we don't need so much organising as you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you have a wall suitable blackboard paint is your friend...

    ReplyDelete