Wednesday 22 April 2009

Smug

How very pleased I was with myself.

I'll start at the beginning. I had my baby-free lie-in. Which actually meant waking up at 7am and lying there for a couple of hours drifting off a little bit now and then. I finally decide to get up and make a cup of tea. Then it hits me. It is gone 9am. And I am only just getting up. The day is wasted! I put it down to my upbringing that I feel like this if I haven't achieved at least ten useful things by 8am. So I now have only four hours before I have to think about going to work. I spring up, shower, put a load of washing on, unload the dishwasher, load the dishwasher, drink two mugs of tea and eat two poached eggs on toast (my bantams' eggs, they're very small).

I still think I haven't done anything yet. So I bake a loaf of sun-dried tomato and chive scofa bread. Quick and easy and handy to take to work later. Then I get to work on the grand plan: a pair of "ten-minute trousers" for the little man. Made from a pair of my own trousers that I, ahem, grew out of. I know they will take me a bit more than ten minutes. I have to set up the sewing machine, find my sewing scissors, google Bernina to find out how to make the sewing machine go backwards... Eventually I get down to work and I whizz through the project feeling good. I hold up the finished product.

One leg is inside out.

See http://madebypetchy.blogspot.com/2008/06/tutorial-10-minute-trousers.html if you want to try and do any better.

2 comments:

  1. I refuse to do anything before 8am. Except moan that's it's not even 8am yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realise you knew that 8am existed.

    ReplyDelete