Monday 27 April 2009

Portababy



It's a good job little man is, well, little. Because he gets carried pretty much every-where. You see, I am addicted to babywearing. I have never got used to using a pushchair. I bought one on eBay just in case. It rattles around in the boot of the car because I have nowhere else to store it. I use it around once or twice a month. It annoys me. I hate having to use both hands to push the damn thing. I hate the contortions necessary to hold open a shop doorway and pull the pushchair up a step while ramming old ladies out of the way. I hate not being able to go for a walk in case the path is too narrow, too bumpy, too muddy, too steep or involves stiles.


But baby slings are an addictive habit. I started off with a Close Baby Carrier, cos it's what I saw on the telly. It was okay until I tried a Tinokis stretchy wrap, which was wonderful while little man was still tiny. I also ended up with two ring slings, one padded, one not, which are useful for quick carries into the shop for a pint of milk. Then I got a Calin Bleu gauze wrap which is nice and light but a bit unforgiving for the beginner wrapper. So I bought an Ellaroo wrap on eBay which was gorgeous but turned out to be a little short. Hmm. Oh and a lovely soft mei tai which had the same problem. And now I'd like a Storchenwiege and a Yamo.


I blame Preston slings group http://www.slingmeet.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3276 for being the only place where I don't feel like the crazy hippy weirdo mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment