Saturday 18 April 2009

Hello world!

That's what my son and I say when we look out of my bedroom window first thing in the morning. Well, I say it in response to his wave. Since the wave is to no-one in particular I assume he's saying 'hello world'. He can't actually say it as he's 14 months old. Which is why he's still fascinated with looking out of the window at ordinary things like houses and cars and trees and the odd starling. Baby-signing parents please insert signs as you read. Ben signs 'bird'. Lots. Often when he's just seeing a tree (go on, you can remember tree can't you?) as he obviously thinks this is where there should be birds.

Anyway, hello world. This is my first blog entry. Now I have to go away and think about what the hell I'm doing writing a blog (thanks K) and why I'm not in bed yet as we'll be saying hello world at around 6am tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. My little man signs bird/duck for most animals: I'm getting a bit jaded of explaining that a lion is not a bird...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Hello world" is the first thing programmers write in any new programming language. Maybe its time for him to start learning C++.

    ReplyDelete