Tuesday 21 April 2009

Self-destructive habits

No, don't worry. I'm referring to why oh why I don't go to bed early when I'm really tired and I know I'm going to be woken up at 6am. And why oh why does my little man decide to wake up at 6am when he's still so obviously tired and really grizzly until he has a nap around 9am? Clamped-to-my-hip grizzly. I'm hoping a new blackout-lined curtain might make a difference in his east-facing little room. But I think he might just be a natural early waker. That's how I would usually describe myself. But it feels like there is such a big difference between waking up at six-something and waking up at seven-something.

But then the little man does now sleep through the night. Which makes me much luckier than some of my fellow parents. It took him until around 10 months to stop waking for a feed in the night but he got there in his own time. Of course, he was only doing it for comfort. And what is wrong with that exactly?

Tonight I can go to bed knowing I will not be woken at 6am because little man has gone to stay with daddy. Which means I will probably end up going to bed even later. And I'll be having a glass of wine, or two, just for comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment