Sunday 25 April 2010

Choo choooooo!

I finally took little man on the promised train ride to Liverpool. We didn't really need to go to Liverpool but it was that or Crewe. I think I'll take him to Crewe when he's less likely to leap onto the rails. Anyway, he thought it was fantastic. There was even a freight train waiting at Runcorn station when we got there. He was also mightily pleased with the two lambananas on the platform. Of course, I forgot to take my camera.

Whilst in the metropolis, apart from riding around in the Yamo, he managed to sit on a frog, sip a hot chocolate and play a game of musical chairs with mummy. In the cafe, he managed to hide behind my back so the assistant thought I was talking to myself. Oh well. On the train home he played peekaboo with the somewhat bemused young man sitting behind us, who gamely played along.

The recent sunshine has got me thinking about camping. I'm planning some Thursday to Saturday trips to fit around work. I think one will have to be to Ravenglass in Cumbria so we can go on the little steam train known as Lal Ratty. Now I just need to get my tent pole fixed after putting it off for almost a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment