Thursday 29 April 2010

Busy little bee

Hello, it's Sir Whingealot here for a change to tell you about my day. I had a nice ride on Thomas the Tank Engine at the supermarket but I don't know why mummy always says I can't go on it until after we've done the shopping. And why can't I have one of the bananas as soon as they go in the trolley? I'd also quite like to press the buttons on that little machine she puts her debit card in. And why she insists on trying to get me to sit in the actual toddler seat in the trolley is beyond me.

After that we went to the library and I wanted mummy to carry me there but she keeps saying I'm getting too heavy. I pointed out some buses, and aeroplanes, and street lights for her, just in case she hadn't noticed them. I saw lots of balloons in the shops on the way there but mummy wouldn't get me one. At the library we were supposed to be singing some songs but it wasn't very lively so I decided to run around instead. Even the fact that a real fireman was joining in the singing couldn't persuade me to take part. So mummy said she wasn't going to just chase me round the library and we went back to the car. Pretty soon after that I felt like having a doze. I have a feeling mummy did something interesting while I was asleep because we have gained a pot of paint. But I didn't wake up until we were back home. And then I was very grumpy for a while, but I felt better after cuddles.

It rained all afternoon so we pottered about the house. I nibbled oatcakes into the shape of boats but refused to touch any cheese today. I played with some toys I hadn't seen for a while, which mummy was trying to sneak away for the charity shop. I played night night-good morning in my lovely new bed. I took my toolbox for a walk in the buggy. I got very frustrated with jigsaws that wouldn't jig and magnets that wouldn't stick and the fact that we couldn't find all my squeaky eggs.

Grandma and grandad, and even great grandma, came to visit and brought me a cookie. I think mummy might have swiped the other half of it though. We all had lots of fun with a plastic orange. Then it was tea and bath and bedtime. Yawn. I gave mummy a big wet hug from in the bath before she went to do yogo with the Piplings, then grandma and grandad put me to bed and I plan to dream about being Timmy the tiger.

No comments:

Post a Comment