Thursday 31 December 2009

Broken resolutions

Had I made any new year resolutions, I could actually have already broken them despite it being only 9.30pm on December 31. That's because ye olde Celtic new year observed by many a modern-day pagan starts on November 1. So I won't be making any special resolutions tonight, beyond the ones I make most nights which include never drinking again, eating some fruit for breakfast, getting out in the fresh air more and attempting to maintain my infinite patience a little bit better.

And I'm afraid I'm a fireworks killjoy. Since when did new year's eve become an excuse for letting them off from as soon as it goes dark til three in the morning? (Ever since the millennium, I think.) Shouldn't be allowed outside of November 5 in my opinion. Grrr.

So as there's nowt special about tonight I'll be off to bed. After a small glass of Baileys.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4/1/10 13:38

    Yes I agree re fireworks-here in Teignmouth Devon the fireworks were horrendously loud and went on for ages as they also do around Bonfire night!
    They should only be used at organised do's by trained experts -since when has it been OK for people to mess around with powerfull explosives,show no consideration for neighbours etc?

    ReplyDelete