Monday 28 December 2009

Behind the facade

Behind the knitting (a boy doll for little man) and the decorating (more woodwork to paint) and the cooking (Hairy Bikers' panna cotta was a big disappointment) and the commuting (in ice, snow, fog, rain...) and the buying (a new camera), I'm actually not really ok. There we go, I said it. I'm not ok.

Now that I've moved house, the next thing on the to-do list is to get divorced. I don't want to get divorced. But I don't seem to get any say in this matter. Boxing Day was the first anniversary of me finding the text messages on STBE husband's phone from the woman he was having an affair with. So not a great time really.

Little man has also ended up spending more time away from me than ever before over the past few weeks for a variety of reasons that, on their own, seem reasonable but have added up to a pretty heartbreaking series of separations.

And here's the interactive bit: STBE husband picked little man up yesterday (Sun) morning because I was working in the afternoon and today and is meant to be returning him tomorrow (Tue) morning. Was it unreasonable of me to be upset to receive a text this morning telling me they had gone to north Wales and would be staying at a B&B tonight because he wanted some time away from his parents, where he currently lives, and was it ok for him to bring little man home a couple of hours later so they could do something there in the morning, like visit a castle? This would be the little man who has just moved house and needs to settle in and whose mummy is putting off having a little holiday for that very reason.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you don't mind comments from complete strangers....I know you are writing about personal things....but I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone and that I truly believe things happen for the best and for a reason, though it doesn't feel like it at the time. I hope your writing can help you through the difficult times, it certainly helps me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor you. STBE sounds like a fool in many ways, but that's another question. Anyhoo, no, I don't think it's unreasonable at all to be a tad pissed off about this - first up, he should have asked or at least mentioned to you that he planned to go away, and second, yes, shows very little consideration for your having just moved and all that.

    I'm sorry you're not OK. Completely understandable, in my view. Hope the new year brings better things and brighter skies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, feeling a lot better today now I've got my little friend back.

    ReplyDelete