Tuesday 1 December 2009

I'm up a ladder...

...which is why I haven't been blogging. Too busy painting. Mmm, Ecos in bengt from the Swedish range. Farrow & Ball lime white. Oh no, I've fallen into giving companies blatant plugs, something I try to avoid unless I feel really strongly in favour of their products. I must admit to also using some bog standard, probably not particularly environmentally friendly, paints too. But as the nice ones are 50 quid a pop I have had to weigh up financial priorities. And I decided bedroom carpet was a good thing to have: 100% wool with jute backing. So there.

By this time next week little man and I might even have moved in. And he can do some serious bus watching from my bedroom window, which is conveniently low enough for him to see out of without having to stand on the windowledge. Which wouldn't be encouraged because it's newly painted. In Homebase chalk white eggshell.

I think there may be one loyal reader who finds the title of this post funny. It's all about loud phone calls in open-plan newspaper offices. 'Can you talk or are you up a ladder?'

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Will have to try that phrase out when I next phone my husband - not that he should be up a ladder at work...

    Glad to hear things are progressing well. I am waiting your return to blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Who said that? Was it followed by 'OK Jooooe'?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was just wondering this morning how you were getting on. Glad progress is being made and hope the est goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete