Tuesday 30 March 2010

Teenage flashback

Those of you who know me on facebook might like to know about the 'kissing a boy' bit. It's a very short story. I went out in Liverpool on Saturday for cocktails, followed by sushi, followed by beer (a strange combination, I know). I pulled. He was in his early 20s. He seemed very sweet. He wanted me to go home with him. I wanted to go to sleep. I snogged him like a teenager then got a taxi home. Now listen carefully ladies for the chat-up line: There was a horrible lecherous guy with hands everywhere stumbling round the pub telling everyone he was horny; so I asked this nice young man and his friend to come and stand with me to keep said lech away. And like knights in shining armour they obliged. Job done. Ego boosted.

I don't usually mind working on Sundays. It at least means that little man is seeing daddy when I wouldn't be with him anyway. But it does have the drawback of not giving me much time to get over the cocktails and the beer. But I think I've had my fix of drunkenness for a good few months now.

I'm now back in mummy mode. Little man slept til quarter to eight, which is wonderful. I think the new blackout cover for his window and the new blind in the bathroom might have helped (his bedroom door has glass in the top half). I've decided that most bouts of whinginess and tantruming can be solved by tickling, which must be extremely infuriating to an annoyed small boy.

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Monster can't help but laugh even when he's in a strop too so tickling is a great way out. Although he says "don't do it again mummy" in a very stern voice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little man giggles whilst shouting 'no, no, no'. It's very cruel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only just read this! I'm having a catch up day, can u tell? What a fabulous way to pull. God, I remember snogging like a teenager.....lol!

    ReplyDelete