Saturday 13 March 2010

Days 'off'

I sometimes think I should flag up at the top of each post whether it's about a day with little man or on my own. Most of the time I'm a mum. But quite often, more often than I'd like, I'm just me. That was the case today, after the handover cup of tea. It's important for little man to spend time with his dad. And his dad seems to be more capable of looking after him than many fathers! When the little guy was born I took the view that I knew no more about what to do than STBE husband did. So the pair of them have always spent lots of boy time together. I think the first place daddy took him out to on his own was B&Q.

Time off has its perks. Like sleeping for a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon. Of course I wouldn't need to catch up on so much sleep if I hadn't had little man fidgeting around in my bed from 11pm last night. Or if I hadn't had the plumbing problems, which are now all better thanks to antibiotics. But the timing of my afternoon nap was perfect. I woke up just in time to get to the cinema and avoid having to watch all the adverts. (I saw Green Zone; I don't like 'girly' films.)

I had my own trip to B&Q earlier today. What I want is lilac masonry paint for the back wall of my 'patio'/back yard. Apparently this is not what I am supposed to want. I'm supposed to want white, cream, off white, magnolia, Cornish white, cloud white, brilliant white, buttercream, buttermilk, Cornish butter... Not lilac. They can stretch to something called silver blue, which is too cold. Looks like I'll have to Google it and trust to the colour on screen being something like the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment