Friday 26 February 2010

Mysteries

Why does my lower back always ache? (Oh, probably because I'm the mother of a two-year-old who keeps forgetting to use the hip seat thingy).
What does it mean that the smear test lab 'could not report a result'?!
Why does my bathroom light keep going out?
Why did I have a glass of wine at lunchtime? (Feel so bloody grotty now!)
Why do toddlers at the zoo always seem most fascinated by the mallards?
Why don't I buy an electric whisk instead of insisting on mixing cakes by hand?
Where are the birthday cake candles?
Why have I still not made a single pair of curtains for my new house despite having all the fabric and being really fed up of looking at the hideous ones that are up now?
Why have I allowed little man to go to bed clutching a monkey - that RATTLES?
Why is the dragon scared of mice?
Why are orangutan babies so unbelievably cute?
Why do financial organisations insist on sending me 12-page booklets in what appears to be 6-point type containing supposedly Important Information?
Why can little man not actually walk anywhere purposefully despite being capable of running away from me down the road very quickly?
Why are puddles so irresistible to toddlers? And sticks? And stones?
Why do I have a tent/igloo in my relatively small dining room?

1 comment:

  1. If only I had the answers to these questions my life & others would be so much easier!!

    Regarding the whisk though... I'll PM you on facebook.

    ReplyDelete