Monday 21 September 2009

Artless child


It is little man's daddy's birthday on Wednesday. I have been trying to get little man to do some artwork to make into a card. With little success.
This is the result from the finger paints, and only after I dragged his hand around to make the prints. I tried chalk, but he decided to walk off into the garden with it. I tried crayons but he tried to eat them and showed much more interest in taking them out of the box then putting them back in the box. He's really not yet into art. He doesn't like to sit still for that long and I don't think it has occurred to him that he can create an image of something familiar on paper.
I think I'll have another try before bathtime with the paints when the mess will be easy to clean up. He is now trying to bash the keyboard. It's a shame I can't make an artwork out of his bashing, although I have just discovered babysmash thanks to FLP. Lets little one bang on the keyboard without breaking the computer.

3 comments:

  1. I still do more art than the monster - must just be their age or something... He prefers to get me to draw what he wants so lots of dictating & leadership skills learnt ;o) (aka bossing his mummy around!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous21/9/09 19:58

    We go to a "Creative fun time for babies" yoke. And 2 handy tips I have picked up - washing-up liquid in poster paints for easy clean up/stain removal (also deters them from ingesting the paint) and bingo markers are a great "baby craft". They make interesting splodges (for you) and interesting noises (for LO).
    Good luck! (And Daddies have to love whatever their little geniuses make, that's the rule!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the crayons being more interesting to put back in the box! The tiny daughter has only just started to actually put colour on the paper in the last couple of months (and she's nearly sixteen months) so I'm guessing that the packingness is perhaps the rule for babes of this age. :)

    ReplyDelete