Tuesday 27 October 2009

Toddler business





Sir Whingealot putting in an appearance here. I've had a very busy day, here are a few of the things I did:

  • rode on a tractor with grandad.
  • walked back and to over a plank bridge.
  • talked to the chickens and showed them the wooden cockerel.
  • rode in the wheelbarrow.
  • picked and ate raspberries.
  • examined my new shells, put all the shells in a pan, then transferred them to a jug.
  • rode in the Yamo carrier to the library while grandma pushed the buggy to put the shopping in.
  • read lots of books and even put a few back on the shelves.
  • tried to eat my shoelaces whilst in the Yamo.
  • walked across a big bridge over the expressway.
  • clapped mummy and grandma's renditions of The Grand Old Duke of York and Jack and Jill.
  • examined some yellow leaves.
  • stirred the dinner.
  • impersonated a monkey.
  • gave myself a yoghurt face mask.
Mummy here: I'm amazed at the richness all the little things can bring to a toddler's life. They really don't need sophisticated toys to keep them happy. I'm also hoping such a busy, fresh-air filled day might just result in a good night's sleep for everyone...?

1 comment:

  1. I missed him on the ride-on to start with - he's so small in that seat!

    ReplyDelete