Tuesday 13 October 2009

Night duty

I'm starting to get quite good at this co-sleeping malarkey. He hasn't really 'slept through' since before our holiday a couple of weeks ago. He has been snuffly, probably teething though it's hard to know, fidgety and generally unsettled. And I am sticking to the tried-and-tested three-step plan of grab child, stick him in my bed, go back to sleep. I'm starting to crack step three even when he is a bit fidgety, though I'm quite glad I get some nights when little man is staying with daddy and I know for sure I will not get woken up.


I'm generally managing to get to something past seven before he is gesturing very clearly that he wants out of his sleeping bag and making his 'dow' noise which means 'I want to go downstairs and have some cornflakes right now'.

I have told him we are going to live at grandma and grandad's for a while then going to live in a new house. I know he doesn't fully understand, but maybe when we have been at grandma and grandad's for a few days and I tell him again that we are staying it will ring a bell somewhere in his mind that tells him he already knew this.

1 comment:

  1. I think so. We told Bruno all about the new house loads (he hadn't seen it!) and the house bought him a new toy. New toys are always good to get the right reaction ;o)

    We found giving it a name helped so "new home", "new nursery", "new (bus!) bed" etc. That way it wasn't replacement just new. He accepted everything just fine - nursery took 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete