Thursday 5 August 2010

Right now....

  • I am absolutely bloody knackered from not being able to sleep properly then getting woken by the boy's arrival in the middle of the night.
  • I need a recipe for cornflake cakes that just uses cocoa powder instead of actual melted chocolate, because who could actually keep chocolate in stock in their cupboards?
  • I do not know where the baby fish is.
  • I cannot make the car fit inside the egg shell.
  • I am being cuddled up to by a boy who has a plastic slice of watermelon that he insists is a boat.
  • Tea, tea and more tea is required.
  • I have just remembered that the roadworks from hell on the M6 at Haydock are OVER at last and that I promised myself a bottle of something fizzy when this happened. And I don't mean diet Coke.
  • I am hoping the boy has forgotten the toy guitar I bought him yesterday and which has already been left behind at the other grandparents' house.
  • I am being given a slice of plastic bacon for breakfast. Yum.
  • I am looking out of my north-facing window and trying to decide if a picnic with friends in Lancashire is going to become an indoor picnic.
  • I am considering burning the grubby net curtains that hide the electric and gas meters inside a cupboard and which I intended to replace months ago with something prettier but have still not got around to.
  • I am also considering whether to ask the boy's father to have him on Saturday night even though it's not his weekend for that because I am just so effing tired I am struggling to function.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6/8/10 08:44

    Well my dear I have some more questions for you to answer - thoroughly life-altering and essential questions involving woodchucks. Tagged you here: http://skippedydoodah.wordpress.com/2010/08/06/8-more-things/
    Hope you've found the baby fish.

    ReplyDelete