Thursday 22 July 2010

Little blue book

I've lost it, my little blue book with cutesy white spots. I've lost my to-do list. The one I often ignore for weeks on end but usually glance at just in time to avert major financial disaster. I've lost my shopping wishlist. This is the one that tells me the Stuff I think little man or I could do with so that when I get the urge to spend money I spend it on something that might actually be useful and not a pile of pointless junk. And not more tunes from a well-known digital music store where it is far too easy to splash the cash without really noticing. I've lost my list of crafty projects I'd like to do, or should do - like the curtains that I haven't made for seven months now.

Other things in our lives right now:
  • The boy has purple nail varnish on his toes.
  • I can't stop listening to Biffy Clyro.
  • We've had so much torrential rain it has been impossible to even think about doing any work at the allotment.
  • My courgettes are turning into marrows.
  • I once again have library fines to pay, exacerbated by the fact that my nearest library doesn't open on a Wednesday, a fact I discovered after walking there with all the books and boy in tow.
  • I am becoming increasingly bothered by the hideousness of my gas fire.
  • This is a three cups of tea morning.
  • I am not that keen on runner beans.
  • I am being politely requested (read: bashed over the head with the magnetic drawing board thingy to wails of pig, pig, pig) to draw a picture of Peppa Pig so had better go and get on with it.

1 comment:

  1. our library doesn'y open on a wednesdat either, and that's our most convienient day to go!!!

    ReplyDelete